Flag: is made of a red field with a black-bordered green pentagram. The red background on the Moroccan flag represents hardiness, bravery, strength and valour, while the green represents love, joy, wisdom, peace and hope, it also represents the color of Islam and the pentagram the seal of Solomon. The 5 branches also represents the pillars of Islam
- Anthem: «The Cherifian Anthem» is the anthem of the Kingdom of Morocco. Its music was written by Léo Morgan, and the final Arabic lyrics by Ali Squalli Houssaini in 1970.
- Official languages: Arabic, Berber.
- Geographical location: it is a country located in the Maghreb of North West Africa. It overlooks the Mediterranean Sea to the north and the Atlantic Ocean to the west, bordered to the east by Algeria and to the south by Western Sahara.
- Administrative divisions: Morocco is officially divided into 12 regions, which, in turn, are subdivided into 62 provinces and 13 prefectures.
- Capital: Rabat.
- Governance: politics of Morocco take place in a framework of a parliamentary constitutional monarchy, whereby the Prime Minister of Morocco is the head of government, and of a multi-party system. Executive power is exercised by the government. Legislative power is vested in both the government and the two chambers of parliament, the Assembly of Representatives of Morocco and the Assembly of Councillors. The Moroccan Constitution provides for a monarchy with a Parliament and an independent judiciary.
- Population: 32.65 million.
- Currency: Moroccan dirham.
- GDP: $254.4 billion.
- Time zone: GMT +1.
- Telephone code: +212.
- Barcode: 504.
Trade and economic cooperation between the Republic of Belarus and Morocco
Morocco's economic performance:
- Unemployment — 9.4%;
- GDP — $107.3 billion;
- GDP per capita — $3 320;
- GDP growth in 2015 — 4.9%;
- Industrial output growth in 2015 — 4.3%;
- Inflation — 1.7%;
- Exports in 2015 — $23.1 billion;
- Imports — $44.7 billion.
In recent years, the economy has sustained a reasonable rate of economic growth with macroeconomic stability. Morocco has the 6th biggest GDP in Africa.
Foreign trade is very important for this country, because it accounts for 43% of GDP. Morocco mainly exports to Spain, France, Brazil, the USA, Belgium, the Russian Federation and Italy, the country mainly imports from France, Spain, Italy, China, Germany, the Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia and Moldova.
Morocco mainly exports phosphates and fertilizers, food and beverages, minerals, it mainly imports semi-finished products, industrial goods and equipment, food and beverages, consumer goods and fuel.
Over 10 months of 2016, Belarusian exports to this country increased in 5.8 times to $15.8477 million as compared to the same period of 2015. Moroccan exports to Belarus amounted to $15.531 million within this period. Trade turnover between the countries was $31.3787 million over 10 months of 2016.
This article has been prepared on the basis of information provided by the National Centre for Marketing and Price Study of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus, and taken from public sources. The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. In this regard, it may be useful for the companies, which have been working in Morocco for a long time, as well as for those, which are going to enter this market. Any questions, feedbacks and comments concerning this article are welcome. All of them will be fully considered and taken into account, if possible. If you have any information that may be interesting and useful for the visitors of this page, please write to us.
When using the materials of this article, the link to Export.by is obligatory.
Administration of Export.by