Coat of arms: is a shield with the image of Mount Triglav, Slovenia's highest peak, in white against a blue background at the centre; beneath it are two wavy blue lines representing the Adriatic Sea and local rivers, and above it are three six-pointed golden stars arranged in an inverted triangle which are taken from the coat of arms of the Counts of Celje, the great Slovenian dynastic house of the late 14th and early 15th centuries.
Flag: features three equal horizontal bands of white (top), blue, and red, with the Slovenian coat of arms located in the upper hoist side of the flag centred in the white and blue bands.
- Anthem: «Himna slovenskega naroda» is the national anthem of Slovenia.
- Official languages: Slovene.
- Geographical location: it is a sovereign state located in southern Central Europe. It is bordered by Italy to the west, Austria to the north, Hungary to the northeast, Croatia to the southeast, and the Adriatic Sea to the southwest.
- Administrative divisions: Slovenia is subdivided into 212 municipalities (eleven of which have the status of urban municipalities).
- Capital: Ljubljana.
- Governance: the politics of Slovenia takes place in a framework of a parliamentary representative democratic republic, whereby the Prime Minister of Slovenia is the head of government, and of a multi-party system. Executive power is exercised by the Government of Slovenia. Legislative power is vested in the National Assembly and in minor part in the National Council. The judiciary of Slovenia is independent of the executive and the legislature.
- Population: 2.065 million.
- Currency: Euro.
- GDP: $39.7 billion.
- Time zone: GMT +1.
- Telephone code: +386.
- Barcode: 383.
Trade and economic cooperation between Belarus and Slovenia
Slovenia's economic performance:
- GDP — €39.7 billion;
- GDP per capita — €18 693 thousand;
- GDP growth — 2.5%;
- Exports — €24.9 billion (+4.0%);
- Imports — €24.1 billion (+3.3%);
- Inflation — 1.8%;
- Unemployment — 8.1%.
Slovenia's Most Valuable Export Products:
- Pharmaceutical products;
- Wood and articles thereof;
- Electronics and telecommunications equipment;
- General rubber goods.
- Financial Administration of the Republic of Slovenia;
- Agency for Agricultural Markets and Rural Development;
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia;
This article has been prepared on the basis of information provided by the National Centre for Marketing and Price Study of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in Hungary, and taken from public sources. The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. In this regard, it may be useful for the companies, which have been working in Slovenia for a long time, as well as for those, which are going to enter this market. Any questions, feedbacks and comments concerning this article are welcome. All of them will be fully considered and taken into account, if possible. If you have any information that may be interesting and useful for the visitors of this page, please write to us.
When using the materials of this article, the link to Export.by is obligatory.
Administration of Export.by