Coat of arms: consists of an oval, which is divided into four equal sections and crowned by a rising golden sun, the «Sun of May», symbolizing the rising of the Uruguayan nation. The oval is surrounded by a laurel branch on the left and an olive one on the right, representing honor and peace, joined at the bottom by a blue ribbon.
Flag: has a field of nine equal horizontal stripes alternating white and blue. The canton is white, charged with the Sun of May, from which 16 rays extend, alternating between triangular and wavy. The horizontal stripes on the flag represent the nine original departments of Uruguay.
- Anthem: «Himno Nacional de Uruguay» is the national anthem of Uruguay.
- Official languages: Spanish.
- Geographical location: it is a country in the southeastern region of South America. It borders Argentina to its west and Brazil to its north and east, with the Río de la Plata (River of Silver) to the south and the Atlantic Ocean to the southeast.
- Administrative divisions: Uruguay is divided into 19 departments.
- Capital: Montevideo.
- Governance: the politics of Uruguay abide by a presidential representative democratic republic, under which the President of Uruguay is both the head of state and the head of government, as well as a multiform party system. The president exercises executive power and legislative power and is vested in the two chambers of the General Assembly of Uruguay. The Judiciary branch is independent from that of the executive and legislature.
- Population: 3.43 million.
- Currency: Uruguayan peso.
- GDP: $53.442 billion.
- Time zone: GMT -3.
- Telephone code: +598.
- Barcode: 773.
Trade and economic cooperation between Belarus and Uruguay
Uruguay differs from other Latin American countries in that it has egalitarian society (high income per capita, low inequality and poverty, almost complete absence of extreme poverty).
Annual average growth rate of 4.8% from 2006 to 2015 provided Uruguay with certain economic resilience.
Uruguay's most valuable export products:
- Meat and meat products;
- Dairy products;
- Soya beans
- Wood and pulp.
Food products and agricultural raw materials account for 73.8% in the country's total exports, industrial goods — 22.9%, mineral raw materials, fuels and energy — 1.4%.
Uruguay's most valuable import products:
- Industrial goods — 61.0%;
- Mineral raw materials, fuels and energy — 27.6%;
- Food products and agricultural raw materials — 11.3%.
Uruguay imports goods mainly from China, Brazil, Argentina and the USA.
In 2015, trade turnover between Belarus and Uruguay decreased by $4.6 million to $12 million against $16.6 million in 2014. In 2015, Belarusian exports to this country decreased by 21.2% to $9.3 million as compared to the previous year, Uruguayan exports to Belarus decreased by 43.8% to $2.7 million.
Вelarus's most valuable products, imported by Uruguay in 2015:
- Potassic fertilizers ($9.2 million);
- Printed books, brochures ($0.07 million);
- Toys and puzzles ($0.03 million).
Uruguay's most valuable products, imported by Belarus in 2015:
- Pork ($0.9 million);
- Frozen fish ($0.5 million);
- Pig fat ($0.5 million);
- Citrus fruits ($0.3 million).
Belarus mainly exports potassic fertilizers to Uruguay.
Belarus's most promising products to export to Uruguay:
- Toys and puzzles (HS code 9503);
- Printed books, brochures (HS code 4901);
- Instruments, apparatus for measuring or checking features of liquids and gases (HS code 9026).
This article has been prepared on the basis of information provided by the National Centre for Marketing and Price Study of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Argentine Republic, and taken from public sources. The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. In this regard, it may be useful for the companies, which have been working in Uruguay for a long time, as well as for those, which are going to enter this market. Any questions, feedbacks and comments concerning this article are welcome. All of them will be fully considered and taken into account, if possible. If you have any information that may be interesting and useful for the visitors of this page, please write to us.
When using the materials of this article, the link to Export.by is obligatory.
Administration of Export.by